WHAT IS ISO 45001 ?
ISO 45001 is the new international standard for occupational health and safety management replacing the OHSAS 18001 standard. The standard reduces workplace risks to improve employee safety.
Gaining the ISO 45001 certification allows you to demonstrate that your business operates a best-practice Occupational Health and Safety Management System – reducing the likelihood of accidents and breaches of legislation, as well as improving your organisation’s overall performance.
This Standard surpasses many existing health and safety standards because it has been developed by a committee of occupational health and safety experts. It takes into account other international standards in this area such as OHSAS 18001, the International Labour Organization’s ILO-OSH Guidelines, various national standards and the ILO’s international labour standards and conventions. This makes it one of the most valuable Health and Safety Management Systems available to date.
Why ISO 45001 is good for your organization
ISO 45001 is designed to prevent work-related injury and ill-health and to provide safe and healthy workplaces.
As an international standard, ISO 45001 crosses geographic, political, economic, commercial and social boundaries. This sets a single benchmark for the management of occupational health and safety.So if your organization operates or trades internationally, you can work to a single standard which can simplify your business.
Whether you are currently working to BS OSHAS 18001 or country specific standards such as ANSI/ASSE Z10 2012, CAN/CSA-Z1000-14, AS/NZS 48001:2001 or others. Or if you are new to occupational health and safety management it’s a great framework to put into your business to build organizational resilience.
How ISO 45001 supports the United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goals
Organizations that are committed to sustainability are increasingly aligning their corporate strategies to the United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Accredited certification of ISO 45001, the international occupational health and safety management system, demonstrates an organization’s commitment to ensuring decent work conditions, health, wellbeing and equality practices. For organizations seeking to enhance their ESG (Environmental, Social and Governance) profile, implementation of ISO 45001 and its alignment to the SDGs sends a powerful message to shareholders and stakeholders including employees, that they truly care for their people.
Who is 45001 suitable for?
The standard is flexible and can be adapted to manage occupational health and safety and suits a wide range of organizations including:
- Large organizations and entreprises
- Small and medium-sized entreprises
- Public and not-for-profit organizations
- Non-government organizations (NGOs) and charities
The benefits of ISO 45001
Here are some benefits of using the ISO 45001 framework:
- Establish controls to ensure legal compliance – ISO 45001 can help you to establish operational controls which take into account risks and opportunities, as well as legal and other requirements
- Increase Health and Safety Awareness – the OH&S management system helps organisations to increase employee awareness of Occupational Health and Safety risks, ensuring workers take an active role in health and safety matters
- Enhance your Reputation – Achieving certification to this standard is recognition that you have achieved an international benchmark, getting you noticed by customers who are concerned about their social responsibilities
- Reduce Absenteeism – by better managing H&S risks in the workplace you will be able to protect employees, reducing absenteeism and turnover rates
- Reduce Insurance Premiums – By demonstrating that you have an effective occupational health and safety management system in place, many businesses can go on to benefit from reduced insurance premiums
- Improve Management of H&S Compliance Issues – ISO 45001 helps to improve your ability to respond to regulatory compliance issues, reducing the overall costs of incidents and downtime
- Better Manage Health and Safety Risks – the standard will help you to determine hazards and the health and safety risks associated with your activities; seeking to either eliminate them or put controls in place to minimise their effects
Benefits of Implementing ISO 45001 Certification
- Improves hazard identification and risk assessment
- Reduces downtime, overall costs of incidents at the workplace and the number of insurance premiums claimed
- Acquire globally recognised TÜV SÜD certification mark
- Enhances the involvement of leadership and participation from workers
Benefits of acquiring iso 45001 certification for your management system
- Helps in building trust and brand integrity by providing an assurance that your management system qualifies the requirements of the international standard
- The certification also demonstrates that your management system complies with the international standard
- Validates the capability of your organisation and provides assurance in proposing profitmaking partnerships
How will your company benefit from the certification ?
ISO 45001 certification will benefit your firm with the help of a systematically structured guide, that will enhance your organisation’s performance. The goal of running ISO audits is to not only find non-compliances but also seek to improve the inadequacies, with the ultimate goal of providing your organisation with improved performance and productive results.
How will it impact productivity ?
Implementation of ISO 45001 in your organisation paves a way towards fewer workplace injuries and illnesses through a proactive approach to hazard identification and risk assessment which in turn leads to improved organisational health and safety. With ISO 45001 certification, companies demonstrate that they have taken every crucial step to protect the workers by eliminating ineffective practices which helps the employees to deliver more in a stipulated time due to effective systems in place.
The requirements of iso 45001
- Context of the Organisation – The context of the organisation refers to internal and external factors that affect your business. In order for your OH&S management system to be relevant and practical for the people responsible, these internal and external factors need to be determined. To meet this requirement, you will also need to know who will be affected by these issues and how. This includes visitors and sub-contractors.
- Leadership – To work towards OH&S objectives in a practical way, you will need to communicate roles and responsibilities clearly. Your leadership team needs to assume responsibility for the OH&S management system and ensure your staff have the tools and resources they need to run it successfully.
- Planning – This requirement highlights your business’ need to adapt and react to changes. To do so, you will need to set out a clear plan for spotting, evaluating and managing OH&S risks. You will also need to demonstrate how this will be communicated to key personnel and how you will manage the relevant documentation.
- Support – To meet this requirement, you will need to provide the tools and resources needed to implement, run and maintain your OH&S management system. This could include providing training to key staff, buying personal protective equipment (PPE) and clearly communicating your goals.
- Operation – This requirement prompts you to assess existing procedures and take note of legal obligations. Once you have the knowledge, you will need to plan how to identify and respond to emergencies, risks and opportunities. Regular, formal risk assessments can be a key part of this requirement
- Performance Evaluation – To know if you are performing well, you will need to monitor and evaluate your occupational health & safety performance by creating criteria for measuring it. This evidence will then show that your OH&S management system is working.
- Improvement – Continual improvement is a key requirement of this Standard. This shows that you have an eye on the future and are always in pursuit of a better performance. This can be achieved through regular monitoring and evaluation as well as appropriate corrective actions.
Frequently asked questions for ISO 45001
What is the ISO 45001 Standard ?
ISO 45001 is the international standard for occupational health and safety management. Obtaining an ISO 45001 certificate ensures that you have a system in place focused on reducing the likelihood of occupational injuries and diseases.
Who needs ISO 45001 ?
- ISO 45001 is suitable for any organisation looking to improve health and safety risk management, drive productivity and protect its reputation.
- ISO 45001 can also make your business more efficient by reducing absenteeism and accidents in the workplace.
How much does ISO 45001 cost ?
Filingbuzz Consultants Private Limited is committed to making ISO 45001 affordable for all our clients. The cost varies depending on multiple factors such as your industry sector, annual turnover, number of employees and more. However, you can use our free calculator to gain an instant quote.
How long does ISO 45001 certification last ?
Following initial certification with QMS, we will issue an initial ISO 45001 certificate for one year. After a successful recertification audit, we will issue a 3-year certificate. In order to maintain your certificate during this period you are required to successfully undergo one mandatory audit a year.
What are the benefits of ISO 45001 certification ?
ISO 45001 can help to protect your staff from accident, illness and injury by reducing the risks and hazards of your workplace. Its benefits also include:
- Establishing controls to ensure legal compliance
- Increasing employee health and safety awareness
- Reducing absenteeism and enhance efficiency
- Reducing the number of accidents at work
- Improved staff morale and loyalty
- An enhanced reputation
- How long will the ISO 45001 certification take?
We deals with
1 - ISO 9001:2015 Certification for Government Tenders @ Rs: 4,999/-(For 3 Years)
2 - HACCP Certification @ Rs: 4999/- (For 3 Years)
3 - WHO-GMP Certification @ Rs: 4999/- (For 3 Years)
4 - BIFMA Certification @ Rs: 4999/- (For 3 Years)
5 - ROHS Certification @ Rs: 4999/- (For 3 Years)
6 - CE Marketing @ Rs: 4999/- (For 3 Years)
7 - ISO 14001 Certification @ Rs: 4999/- (For 3 Years)
8 - ISO 45001 Certification @ Rs: 4999/- (For 3 Years)
9 - ISO 22000 Certification @ Rs: 4999/- (For 3 Years)
10 - ISO 27001 Certification @ Rs: 4999/- (For 3 Years)
11 - ISO 50001 Certification @ Rs: 4999/- (For 3 Years)
12 - ISO 13485 Certification @ Rs: 4999/- (For 3 Years)
13 - ISO 20000 Certification @ Rs: 4999/- (For 3 Years)
14 - ISO 10002 Certification @ Rs: 4999/- (For 3 Years)
15 - ISO 16603 Certification @ Rs: 4999/- (For 3 Years)
16 - ISO 22609 Certification @ Rs: 4999/- (For 3 Years)
17 - HALAL Certification @ RS: 4999/- (For 3 Years)