The APEDA is known as Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority which was founded by the government of India under agricultural and processed food products export development authority act passed by the Parliament in December 1985. And from 13th February 1986, the Act (2 of 1986) came into effect by a notification issued in the Gazette of India. The Authority replaced the Processed Food Export Promotion Council (PFEPC). APEDA provides guidelines, financial assistance, and information towards the development of scheduled products. The products which are specified under the APEDA ACT are called schedule products and exporters of such scheduled products are required registration under APEDA. The only License is required Under APEDA and there are no return filing required under APEDA.
Documents Required for APEDA Registration
- Duly filled and signed an application form by authorized signatory.
- Certified Copy of Import-Export code issued by DGFT
- Self-certified copy of PAN issued by Income Tax Department
- List of Directors / Partners / Proprietor on company letterhead in triplicate
- The company should compulsorily mention their email ID, phone and fax number, etc. in their application
- Pvt. Ltd. / Public Ltd. Co.’ s / societies should forward a copy of their Memorandum and Article of Association and Partnership firms should forward a copy of partnership deed attested by Notary
- Bank Certificate duly signed by the authorities.
- Canceled cheque.
- Bank A/c statement of the bank account of the firm (for latest 2 months)
Scheduled Products Under APEDA
- Fruits, Vegetables and their Products
- Poultry and Poultry Products
- Confectionery, Biscuits and Bakery Products
- Cocoa and its products, chocolates of all kinds
- Cereal and Cereal Products
- Pickles, Papads, and Chutneys
- Floriculture and Floriculture Products
- Meat and Meat Products
- Alcoholic and Non-Alcoholic Beverages
- Groundnuts, Peanuts, and Walnuts
- Guar Gum
- Dairy Products
- Honey, Jaggery and Sugar Products
- Herbal and Medicinal Plants
Procedure for APEDA Registration
- You need to fill your details in our online simple form.
- submit documents.
- We create your documents and file them with the APEDA office on your behalf. (12 days)
- When your APEDA registration is completed we will send APEDA License to you by courier. (2days)
- In the future, if you require any other further assistance, then you can contact us at any time.
- The Benefits of APEDA Registration
- APEDA registration is mandatory by the exporter of scheduled products.
- Exporters can avail the various financial assistance schemes of APEDA.
- APEDA helps the exporters to promote a brand through advertising, packaging development, database upgradation, and surveys, etc.
- It provides guidelines to the exporters about the various products and countries for export
- Registered members of APEDA can participate in training programmes that are organized by APEDA for various scheduled products and thereby improve their business.
APEDA License will be allotted in 10 days after submitting all the requisite documents.
The Exporters who do not have their Manufacturing/Processing /Growing facility and source the product from others and exports are called merchant exporters.
Manufacturer exporters are those exporters who manufacture and exporter of the product in their processing unit and then export are called manufacturer exporters.
It is only a License permitted the export of goods therefore no return requires to be filed under APEDA.