Each company required to have an its office of a company or an LLP where all official communication acknowledging and receiving and noticed as may be addressed to it called office address. The registered address of the company must always be an effective address for receiving necessary communications, noticed for avoid to delays it is important that all correspondence sent to this address is dealt with promptly. Business person always requires a registered the residential or any other business place as registered office during the company registration but on later then you want to change the registered office of a company so in this situation the registered office of a Company or LLP can be changed within the local limits of any city, town or village where such office is established by just giving a notice to the concerned Registrar within 30 days after the date of the change.
Under the section of 12 of the Companies Act 2013, When a company is incorporated it might to have its own registered office of within 15 days of its corporation for receiving and sending all the documents and notices which are sent to the company.
A registered office is most important for a company as it is a place where maintains all the annual returns, books of account, statutory Registers, annual general meetings are held. It also helps in determining the jurisdiction over the company under some acts.
Modes to change registered office :
- You can change office from one place to another place within the limits of the same city or town.
- Place outside local limits but within the same state under the jurisdiction of the same ROC.
- Change in office from the jurisdiction of one ROC to that of another.
- One state to another.
- To change a registered office within local limits, town or village, a notice of change has to be given to the respective registrar within 30 days of such change. In case the registered office is to be changed from one village, town, city to another within a state then, a special resolution is required to be passed.
- But when the registered office is to be changed from one state to another then along with a special resolution confirmation from company law board is required. In addition to this, an advertisement in newspaper proposing the change and notice to state government is to be given. Refer to our detailed process for change in registered address
Procedure For Changing Registered Office
- You are required to fill your details in our simple form and submit documents.
- Our Experts will draft necessary resolutions which required for change of registered office.
- We prepare your documents and file them with Ministry of Corporate Affairs to register the change of address
- After that your documents will be sent through courier.
- When your registered office is changed, we will send you all the documents and DSC.
No, the Registered Office of a Company or LLP must be in the State where the company was incorporated in India.
Yes, the Registered Office of a Company or LLP can be the residence of one of the Directors or Managing Partners.
The procedure for changing the Registered Office of a Company or LLP will depend on the reason of the change of address. Changing of Registered Office is classified mainly into three types:
Change of Registered Office within the same village/town/city | Change of Registered Office within the same Registrar of Company (ROC) jurisdiction and, Change of Registered Office of the Company from one ROC to another ROC jurisdiction.