ISO 22000 is an internationally recognised standard that combines the ISO 9001 Certification approach to food safety management and HACCP Certification for the assurance of food safety at all levels. The standard maps out how an organisation can demonstrate its ability to control safety hazards to ensure that food is safe.
Food safety is a global concern. It can be defined as the practical certainty that injury or illness will not result from the consumption of food. We certify a vast range of ISO 22000 categories worldwide.
ISO 22000 can be used by any organisation within the food supply chain. The standard integrates the principles of a Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) system developed by the Codex Alimentarius Commission. By means of auditable requirements, it combines the HACCP plan with prerequisite programmes as well as other food safety system requirements.
Control Union Certification provides globally accredited certification in this standard across a wide range of food chain categories. These include food manufacturing, feed production, storage and distribution or the production of packaging and packaging material.
ISO 22000:2018 is the newly revised International Food Safety standard, designed to harmonize on a global scale the requirements for food safety management for businesses within the food chain.
ISO 22000 combines and supplements the core elements of ISO 9001 and HACCP to provide an effective framework for the development, implementation, monitorization and continual improvement of a documented Food Safety Management System (FSMS) within the context of the organization overall business risks.
ISO 22000 certification is intended for organizations seeking to establish a more focussed, coherent and integrated FSMS than is normally required by law. The standard requires meeting any applicable food safety related statutory and regulatory criteria into its food safety system.
Implementation of ISO 22000 could result in:
- Improved management and communication.
- Assurances on quality, reliability and safety.
- Decrease costs from withdrawals or recalls.
- Improved reputation and brand loyalty.
- More confidence in disclosures.
- Less food borne diseases.
- Better quality and safer jobs in the food industry.
- Better utilisation of resources.
- More efficient food safety hazard control.
- Systematic management of prerequisite programmes.
- Valid basis for taking decisions.
- Control focused on priorities.
- Saves resources by reducing duplication.
- Better planning, less post-process verification.
- Development of a food safety management system.
- Cuts investigation time to a minimum :The management system helps you to reduce food safety breach investigation time.
- Customer satisfaction: Deliver products that consistently meet customer requirements and a service that is dependable and can be relied on.
- Global recognition as a reputable supplier: Certification is recognized internationally and accepted throughout industry supply chains, setting industry benchmarks for sourcing suppliers.
- Proven business credentials: Independent verification against a globally recognized industry standard speaks volumes.
- Legal compliance: Understand how statutory and regulatory requirements impact your organization and its customers.
- Ability to win more business: Procurement specifications often require certification as a condition to supply, so certification opens doors.
- Respond to situations: Ideal for responding to situations that can compromise the food safety of both products and production processes.
- Working to the ISO 22000 standard can help you to Introduce internationally recognized processes to your business
- ISO 22000 certification can help you to give suppliers and stakeholders confidence in your hazard controls and enable you to put these hazard controls in place across your supply chain
- Introduce transparency around accountability and responsibilities
- Continually improve and update your systems so it stays effective
- ISO 22000 contains the food safety management system requirements of FSSC 22000 (which is a Global Food Safety Initiative, GFSI recognised scheme) and is used along with requirements for prerequisite programs for the appropriate industry sector
All that ISO 22000 need is you build a Food Safety Management system. This concluded that you have a documented system in place and fully implemented throughout your facility that includes:
- Effective and efficient Pre-requisite Programs in place to ensure a clean sanitary environment is relevant.
- A hazard analysis and the Critical control plan developed to identify, side by side prevent and eliminate food safety hazards,
- Established documented food safety management system processes to manage food safety throughout your organization – from management and business planning aspects to day to day communication and operations affecting food safety.
Following are the procedure to be certified:
Food safety management system documentation : First and foremost thing is that your system will need to be documented in the form of policies, objectives, procedures, and records. The most significant documented management system is made up of mainly four levels of documentation.
Documenting your processes: There will need to document procedures called out by the standard as well as those required to ensure control of other processes in your FSMS. The overall meaning of this is that your FSMS will have more documented procedures than just those specifically named in the standards but these procedures will be useful documents. They will make you sure that processes are being done as management planned and approved. Conversely, they will ensure that management knows how to process are being performed.
Specific Procedures required by the standard are: Documents Control, Records control, unsafe product control, corrections, corrective actions, withdrawals and internal audits. Make sure that the different people perform the process the same way. If you are not writing the procedure and putting it in a book on the shelf to collect dust then you will be building a system where documented procedures. Besides, the work instructions will become an important and integral part of your system.
Simplifying your documentation project: If in a certain situation, you have to decide to set up ISO 22000 in your company then you know that you will need to write procedures and forms that document your food safety system. You will easily get to know why exactly it needs to be done to achieve compliance and certification. And all the things you can do without hiring an expensive consultant. After achieving results just feel free.
- ISO 22000 certification is applicable to any organization within the food chain, regardless of size, from feed producers, primary producers through food manufacturers, transport and storage operators and subcontractors to retail and food outlets.
- The standard may be applied to inter-related organizations such as producers of equipment, packaging material, cleaning agents, additives and ingredients. It may be applied to service providers.
- In summary, part or all of the ISO 22000 certification requirements will apply to any products that contact the food industry or the food chain.
The development of a FSMS represents a proactive, systematic and logical approach to address the problems of food safety.
The structure of the standard closely resembles that of existing International Standards. It is intended that this common approach will enable organizations that integrate a single management system that meets the requirements of two or more other management system standards (ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 27001, ISO 45001 and ISO 22301).
This standard benefits your organization, it provides greater transparency, thanks to minimizing the main food risks, on one hand, while providing greater security to both customers and the end consumer, on the other.
Q - What is ISO 22000?
Ans - It is an international standard which is used to specify the requirements for food safety management system whereas organization in the food chain needs to exhibit its ability to control food safety hazards, in order to assure that food is secure at the time of human consumption.
Q - What is the difference between certification and accreditation?
Ans - In simple terms, accreditation is like certification by the certification body. In the meanwhile accreditation cannot be used as an interchangeable option for certification or registration.
Q - Why ISO 22000 is required?
Ans - More and more food businesses are required in recent days so that their suppliers have a food safety Management system in place. ISO 22OOO:2005 is a necessary one if you wish to supply major food Companies or enter into new markets.
Q - Which organizations can implement ISO 22000?
Ans - Organizations which can implement ISO 22000:2005 are as follows;
- Food manufacturing industry
- Food ingredients industry
- Food additives
- Food transportation
- Packing of food materials
- Selling of food (retail or wholesale)
- Serving prepared food (super markets)
- Production of food equipments
1 - ISO 9001:2015 Certification for Government Tenders @ Rs: 4,999/-(For 3 Years)
2 - HACCP Certification @ Rs: 4999/- (For 3 Years)
3 - WHO-GMP Certification @ Rs: 4999/- (For 3 Years)
4 - BIFMA Certification @ Rs: 4999/- (For 3 Years)
5 - ROHS Certification @ Rs: 4999/- (For 3 Years)
6 - CE Marketing @ Rs: 4999/- (For 3 Years)
7 - ISO 14001 Certification @ Rs: 4999/- (For 3 Years)
8 - ISO 45001 Certification @ Rs: 4999/- (For 3 Years)
9 - ISO 22000 Certification @ Rs: 4999/- (For 3 Years)
10 - ISO 27001 Certification @ Rs: 4999/- (For 3 Years)
11 - ISO 50001 Certification @ Rs: 4999/- (For 3 Years)
12 - ISO 13485 Certification @ Rs: 4999/- (For 3 Years)
13 - ISO 20000 Certification @ Rs: 4999/- (For 3 Years)
14 - ISO 10002 Certification @ Rs: 4999/- (For 3 Years)
15 - ISO 16603 Certification @ Rs: 4999/- (For 3 Years)
16 - ISO 22609 Certification @ Rs: 4999/- (For 3 Years)
17 - HALAL Certification @ RS: 4999/- (For 3 Years)