Copyright Registration Online
Copyright is a form of creative property protection provided by the laws of the United States. Copyright protection is available for original works of authorship that are fixed in a tangible form, whether published or unpublished. The categories of works that can be protected by copyright laws include paintings, literary works, live performances, photographs, movies, and software.
Copyright ensures certain minimum safeguards of the rights of content of owner of author over their creations, protecting and rewarding creativity. There is no copyright protection for ideas, procedures, methods of operation or mathematical concepts. Copyright protect only original expression of ideas, and not the underlying ideas themselves.
Documents required for Copyright
- 2 Copies of work.
- Classification and Description of work.
- No objection from the Author of the work.
- NOC from publisher if work published and publisher is different from applicant.
- Power of Attorney for copyright Filing.
- DD/IPO of Rs (as applicable) per work
Why copyright law is important?
The primary goal of copyright law is to protect the time, effort, and creativity of the works creator. As such, the Copyright Act gives the copyright owner certain exclusive rights, including the right to:
- Reproduce the work
- Prepare "derivative works" (other works based on the original work)
- Distribute copies of the work by sale, lease, or other transfer of ownership
- Perform the work publicly
- Display the work publicly.
Features of Copyright
- Copyright is formation of a particular value under the present law. This law is applicable only on work which are as per the provision of this act i.e.any work can not qualify for copyright.
- A copyright is a form of creative property because it protects the product of a human mind
- The right to sell or otherwise distribute copies to the public.
- For individuals/companies, copyright protection will generally expire 70 years after
- Introduction or publication of work
- Right over dissemination, translation and adaptation of work have fully assigned to the Author.
Copyright protection is available for actual works of authorship that are fixed in a tangible form, whether published or unpublished. The categories of works that can be protected by copyright laws include paintings, literary works, live performances, photographs, movies, and software.
Anyone defend to be owner of the work to be copyright can apply for copyright registration.Here,the term Anyone can be a separate company,NGO or any other.